Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!




My sweet Valentine of 30 years, (married for almost 28 plus the 2 years of dating), and I went out to dinner last night with a group from our church. We had the small restaurant reserved for our group.




We were asked to bring a wedding picture to the event. What fun it was to see the couples who had been married for many years and how they had changed over the years! Many of them, like my husband and me, had married young! My hubby and I share the same birthday, and we had just turned 20. I have no regrets at all for marrying so young. We were poor as church mice, but we didn't care. We were and still are soul mates! What a blessing that is!


I thought I'd have a little fun with the Valentine's candy. I don't like most of the sayings on the candy so I turned them to the back side and made up my own using the text on Picasa. It's too late to use it for my hunny's Valentine's card this year, but hopefully I'll remember and make him a special card next year using this idea. What fun I could have personalizing his special card!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

17 comments:

Jan said...

Aww, you guys were adorable;-) How nice to be soulmates after so many years! I love your valentine's candy idea, and for a card it would be really great! Happy Valentines Day, Robin!

Eliza said...

I loved the touched up candy hearts photo -- I get so disappointed by all the "internet speak" ones that say things like "LOL" instead of what I remember getting in my elementary school cards. :)

Rosemary said...

What a special and lovely relationship you have with your soulmate.

Sherri said...

Happy Valentine's Day Robin! What a nice couple you two are!!

F Cameron said...

What a happy couple!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cameron

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a cute couple. Happy Valentines Day!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

What a lovely post.I am thrilled to hear of marriages that have lasted for many years,this is such a blessing.I have been married to my best friend for almost 38 years and I would take the same road again in a heart beat.
Blessings,Ruth

Zach said...

Cute candy. What a good idea.

Rock rose said...

How lovely to see the happy bride and groom and to find them still happy today. I am also fortunate to have met and married the love of my life-42 years+3 years of dating.

beckie said...

Robin, what a delightful way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Your wedding photo brings back memories of us-young! We were just 18 42+ years ago when we married.

A very clever idea for the conversation hearts and what a neat card it will make.

Diana said...

Robin - What a sweet photo of you and your Valentine - you were babies! That's so special. And your photoshop work with the conversation hearts is great - how fun and how creative you are! Happy Valentine's Day.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

Love it!

Muhammad khabbab said...

what beautiful shots of blue jays in previous post. And thumbs up to you with such delicacy you captured the shots.

Kylee Baumle said...

Awwww...I love your wedding picture! So sweet! Happy belated Valentine's Day, Robin!

Anna Flowergardengirl said...

That took a lot of work but is cute as ever.

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

I love your wedding picture! You were beautiful on your big day!

Kelly

Shayna said...

Cute idea on the hearts. Thanks for sharing.