Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Picture Purr-fect



After a long and difficult winter, we now have had the wettest April in 139 years! I wish we could share some of the rain with our friends in Texas! Day after day of rain and gloomy weather makes me want to look at pretty things.

Usually I am hesitant to cut so many of my spring flowers to bring inside, but with the rain, high winds, and the occasional threat of hail,  I knew they wouldn't last very long outside. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tulip and daffodil bouquets in the house!

I am still trying to learn more about photography and my camera. It seems that there is always more to learn. During these past few gloomy days, I've been  experimenting with indoor photography, (with no natural sunlight). The bouquets of flowers make the perfect models!



Speaking of purr-fect models, here is my sweet kitty enjoying our cozy spot. Cats always make things look even cozier!



More beautiful tulips!



I thought I would include a shot of the night stand I bought at a garage sale last year and painted turquoise.



I don't usually follow color trends, but I am loving all things turquoise, especially the robin's eggs and my sweet collection of blue Ball jars. (The peony picture is from last year. I can't wait to have them again!)

12 comments:

CZYK Publishing said...

What a relaxing place!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The weather may not be pretty outside,but you are creating beauty inside.I love all the soft colors together.Have a wonderful day.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I too have been bringing in flowers I usually leave outside. This rainy weather is crazy. Your pictures are purrrrfect.

Rosemary said...

Rainy here too but those tulips certainly brighten up the darkest days Lovely!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a great idea to bring some blooms inside, since we can't be out to enjoy them in this weather. I don't usually bring them in, either.

Your photos are awesome! They look like they could be in that magazine you have on your seat.

Kay said...

beautiful! I love the turquoise dresser..so lovely

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I love to take pictures of plants as they stay still. People on the other hand are hard to photograph and edit. Your photos are gorgeous. V

Rose said...

Beautiful still lifes! I've been reading your last few posts, Robin, and I definitely think you could put your photographic talents to work. You have such a creative eye, and your photos are as good as anything I've seen in magazines!

Catherine said...

Flowers and kitties always make for perfect photo subjects! :)

Hope your rain stops soon Robin!
xo Catherine

Kerri Farley said...

Your images are so creative and leave me with such a sense of PEACE! Wonderful post!

Patty Marker said...

What beautiful photos. I love the soft muted colors and the pop of aqua.

Unknown said...

Love all the soft colors together.This rainy weather is crazy, have a wonderful day. Your pictures are awesome..
Thanks for sharing..Flowering Pear