Monday, January 28, 2008

Blog Picture Problems



For the last couple of days something odd has been happening to the pictures on my blog.

On Sunday I did the post Beating the Winter Blues and several people commented that the pictures didn't show up for them. They were showing up fine for me and other people, they were showing up fine on Blotanical, then on Sunday evening they all vanished completely. They weren't even showing up in my Picasa account. I uploaded them again to Picasa and added them for a second time to the post. The odd thing was that the html code was still showing. I thought it was just a fluke but the same thing happened with my post on Schonbruun Gardens.

I decided to go through my blog to make sure that all of my pictures are there, but some of them are gone. There is no rhyme or reason to explain a pattern. Just random pictures, about ten or eleven, are gone from my posts. The above picture of my cat was one of those missing, while every other picture on the post was still there. Odd.

I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else. This may be a dumb question, but can someone steal your picture from a public Picasa or Flickr account, causing it to delete from the Blogger posts?

I'm hoping this is just a temporary problem with Blogger or Picasa and not something that is going to be an ongoing issue.

Edited to say: Another problem I'm having is that since yesterday comments to my posts are going into my junk/spam mailbox. This has never happened before. Anybody else having this happen?

8 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Robin,

I haven't noticed any pictures disappearing from my Blogger portfolio - but that is strange! I use Flickr about 90% of the time, and haven't had a problem.

I'd change my passwords perhaps?

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

Katie at GardenPunks

kate said...

I haven't had any problems today viewing your photographs. Yesterday I read your post about the lovely things in your house and the pictures were there. Later I went back and couldn't see them.

I wonder what is going on. So far I haven't had any problems with my blog. I don't use Flickr though.

Maybe someone else will come along and know what's up. Have you tried sending a message to Blogger? They may have had problems.

Unknown said...

There've been some curious things happening, but Blogger ws having an update tonight, so maybe they will get to the bottom of it all. I can see your beautiful kitty photo, that's for sure!

Linda said...

Everything looks fine to me. Perhaps it was the Blogger updates causing the mystery.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I couldn't see all of the pictures of your house but haven't noticed missing pictures on any other post.

I just figured it was my computer doing something I didn't want it to.

I believe that Robin at Bumblebee was having the same problems at one time. She might be able to shed some light on this.

Mary said...

Robin, I haven't had any trouble seeing your photos. I don't know much about Picasa but I do know Blogger can do wacky things. I've been using Flickr for a year and I'm very happy with it. The only time photos disappeared from my blog post is when I once accidently removed them from Flickr (my fault).

Pudgeduck said...

I have had my pictures disappearing from my page also..Sis said I had to reduce the image size of the picture and save it for the web which seemed to cure the problem.

Anonymous said...

I have not noticed anything but your kitten is perfect!!