Friday, January 25, 2008

Sweet Rewards

My husband recently won a contest at work and was rewarded a $50.00 gift card. He could choose between two hardware stores or from several restaurants. Being the absolute sweetheart that he is, he told me that the card was for me and allowed me to make the choice.

Hmmm... I can go out to eat and have nothing to show for it except excess calories that cling to my hips, or I can select a card and use the money later for spring plants, buy something for the birds, or maybe even a compost container. That was an easy decision. The Lowe's card came in the mail today!

Even better news is that his boss agreed to match the card and I think I'm getting another one. One hundred totally guilt free dollars to spend on my outdoor obsessions. Thank you, sweetheart!

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wooohoooo what a lucky break and what a wonderful hubby that gives you the card. He sure is definitely a keeper.

A planting we will go...

Jayne said...

"Lowe's Knows!" What a great hubby! Enjoy your shopping spree!

Anonymous said...

Well, I *knew* he was a super guy but this just clinches it! :-) What a treat... have fun!!!

~Cyndi

Anonymous said...

If you need any help spending, just let me know!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

How nice for you Robin! Now I'm very curious as to what you're going to buy with it. You are going to show it on your blog, won't you? ;-)

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Thank you for the comments!

Lisa, he is a keeper, that's for sure.

Hi, Jayne. I will enjoy. I don't know why but I'm kind of fond of hardware stores, so it'll be fun.

Cyndi, he usually does this. He won another card for high sales and let me have it too. He's not one for shopping.

Vonlafin, I'm sure I can manage spending it, but I might need help deciding how to spend it . So, many things I could buy.

YE, I'll let you all know what I decide.