On January 21, I posted about the wheat grass I had seen growing at a local nursery. After finally finding the Soil Moist granules, I was able to do this little project myself.
I first soaked the old wheat kernels just to see if they would even sprout, and they did. I decided to use the sprouted wheat in the smaller container, which actually has grown faster and looks healthier than the wheat in the other container. When I do this again, I'll not use as much of the Soil Moist granules. They just keep expanding every time I add water and are oozing over the rim of the glass.
As you can see the wheat grass is a big hit with Libby.
I am anxious to redo this project now that I know what not to do.