Monday, June 15, 2009

Thrifty Finds

I've had a wonderful time going to garage sales with a friend for the last few weeks. I've found some really nice things for my home and garden for just a little bit of money. To see more thrifty finds visit Rhoda, at Southern Hospitality, one of my favorite home decorating blogs!



Can you believe these prices? We found one garage sale where just about everything was .25 to .50 cents. I can't believe that I found a Longaberger picnic basket for only .25 cents! The quartz watch was even working and it was only .50 cents!



I collect Old Country Roses tea cups and tea pots, so I was thrilled to find this full place setting for $10.00. I loved the moss covered planter and bought two of them for $3.00. I couldn't believe I got four plush towels and five matching rugs all in perfect shape for $2.00, YES, I said two dollars! It filled a large green trash bag! I found another Longaberger bag and basket for only $3.00!



Here are a few more finds. The cabinet was only $20.00 and I'll more than likely paint it. I just quickly placed a few things on it, but it fits perfect in this recessed spot in the kitchen. I liked the square frames and will more than likely use some of my own photography in them, but for now I like the way this looks.

Another great deal was a brand new Aeropostale jacket, tags still on, ($79.50), for $3.00, and it fits me! My 17 yo son was so jealous!

What fun I've had! I can't wait to go again!

20 comments:

grannyann said...

I loved your finds!! I also used to collect the beautiful cut glass bottles and have them lined up on my window sills in the kitchen. I put colored water in them and they are so pretty. I can hardly pass up a pretty cut glass bottle. You got some great buys.

Sherri said...

Robin, I can't believe you got those Longaberger baskets for so little-they are really expensive! I love all the other things you got too! Good job-super shopper!

Sue said...

I think garage sales vary so much from state to state. Here in Dayton, no one gives anything away- they all think their stuff is worth a mint! You did very well!

Victoria Williams said...

Wow! I need to send you a list of stuff I want. :-)

Jan said...

Wow, sometimes it really is worth it to spend time garage sale-ing! I used to go with my mom, when she lived in Hudson, Ohio. There were some fantastic garage sales there--no 'junk' whatsoever, just classy, quality goods priced at bargains that couldn't be beat! I rarely go to them anymore, but probably would enjoy it! I really don't need a THING, though! My house needs to be 'downsized'!

Anonymous said...

You have either a very keen eye...or an incredible sense of timing...or both, Robin! What finds, indeed!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

You have certainly found some great deals,and the items all look to be in good shape.
Happy Birthday to Josh.Time flies and the children grow up so fast.
Blessings,Ruth

★Carol★ said...

Oh my, you found some great bargains! Love the watch, the bunny, and the pot. Don't you feel like you stole that Longaberger?!? Wow, 25 cents!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

What bargains and what cool finds. Thanks for sharing them. Happy thrifting Monday.

Sandy said...

Such lovely finds! And my oldest son just turned 17 too! Great to meet you!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Robin, those are some great finds! And so cheap too, you really did well. Love that $20 cabinet & I think it will look great painted.

Patti said...

Holy Smokes - Longaberger for a quarter -- AWESOME!!! And I love the Old Country Roses dishes . . . I've always dreamed of owning a full set! Great bargains!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

You really got some great deals! I love the china and the cabinet.

Cyndi said...

You already know how I feel about your fantastic finds. Wow! I may have to give the ones around here another try.

Decadent Housewife said...

Seldom any good stuff or prices around here. Amazing things you found. Enjoy!

Connie said...

Great finds! Isn't it fun when you hit a good sale like that? I have missed going to yard sales this year, as my health hasn't allowed me to. My favorite finds are things I can use in the garden.

Unknown said...

In Romania we don't have this kind of custom. I know about it form the movies.

I love your findings, looks great! And the cabinet smells old and it is very-very nice!

Unknown said...

I ran into a yardsale like that last week. It is like you want to tell them what the things are worth, but after you have it in the truck of course! Lol...but really, there are some great deals to be found out there!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Do you know what that Royal Dalton place setting is worth?? I have always wanted a cup and saucer in that pattern but have never had the nerve to fork out the $$ for them. I would love to hit some of the yardsales you have been to.

Kathleen said...

WOW, Robin. I'm speechless at your deals. I can't remember how much money I've spent on Longaberger baskets. You totally scored! I'm never up early enough to go garage saling but with prices and finds like these, you make me want to try. Enjoy your new treasures.