Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

 The first few weeks after setting up my winter bird feeding station most of the birds ignored it. All it took was a little snow for  the birds to discover what was tucked in the branches!



The mockingbird was apprehensive at first but is a regular visitor now. It favors the peanut butter cups but also eats the homemade suet.

Happy New Year to each of you

It is so hard to believe that another year has ended. Honestly, I was glad to see that one go! I look forward to 2013 and I am trusting that it will be a better year for my family!

I am going to challenge myself for 2013 and try to post at least one picture a day. It may be an old picture I've taken and never posted, it may just be something I like, it may or may not include text. One thing I won't do is create more stress for myself, so if it becomes too much of a burden or chore I will stop.I need the challenge so that I will get back into the habit of regular blogging and improve my photography. Working has put both on the back burner and I want to change that.

I hope 2013 will be a great year for each of you!

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looking forward to seeing your lovely pictures. Hope the year brings you nothing but good things.

Cloudia said...

How delightful they found you!

Aloha & Happy New Year wishes
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Our winter resident mockingbird has been defending "his" berry shrubs in my garden. It is fun to watch the action. Happy New Year. I will look forward to seeing your new photos.

Carolyn said...

Wishing you all the best in 2013! You take great photos.

Take care,
Carolyn

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Happy New Year to you! I'm hoping that you find 2013 to be a happy and prosperous year as you hope. Again, I am in love with the last photo in this post. As I said before it is stunningly beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos in the coming year.