Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meet Lexie

 My son was getting off work one night and as he walked to his car he was approached by a very skinny kitten. She was friendly and desperately wanted his attention. My son called me to see if he could bring her home until he found a home for her. Of course, I couldn't let a starving kitten stay in the parking lot, so I said yes.

The first night she stayed in the garage because she had a few fleas and she was a little congested. I couldn't risk her giving my other cat an illness. She was starving for both food and attention and I stayed in the garage with her for a long time. She was so loving and sweet,  I knew right away that she wasn't going anywhere! The next morning she was given a bath and stayed in the guest room for observation. She has been to the vet and is now spayed.


Since my son works at a car dealership and he found her in the parking lot, I named her Lexus and we call her Lexie. She is my shadow, especially when I am in the kitchen! She is a sweet little snuggle bug and sleeps either on me or beside me.

I'm not sure why, but our cats seem to have similar coloring. My sweet cat, Libby, was also found in a parking lot seven years ago. It was sleeting and snowing that December night. She was only a few weeks old when I found her. (Why do people dump off precious kittens, especially in winter?)

Piper was rescued from the humane society. She is my daughter's cat and they no longer live here.

I really missed Piper and my daughter's other cat Jasmine when they moved, but I wasn't planning on getting another kitten. I am so glad that Lexie found her way into our lives and hearts.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you are keeping her. She looks so sweet. Our cat is 2 years old now and we found her at the mall when she was a tiny little thing. We love her!

Cloudia said...

Wonderful!


Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful cats--both of them, Robin. Sounds like they both are very lucky to have been adopted by such a wonderful family.

Hugs,
Betsy

ann said...

Lexie will be forever grateful.

Kerri Farley said...

She does look irresistible!

Jayne said...

She looks adorable and she's so lucky she found you. Bless you for taking her in.