Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dove Ghost


Unfortunately another dove hit the sliding glass doors. I didn't see it on the patio so hopefully it wasn't injured.

This also happened in February 2010, and I blogged about it then. Doves have powder down feathers, (extremely fine feathers that disintegrate into a dust-like substance). This powder down  creates a dove ghost when they strike a window!

Observing nature is quite fascinating to me and it causes me to think of the magnificent Creator of these amazing details!




2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I always feel bad when birds hit the windows. This time of year is so stressful for them anyway. INteresting strike shot though.

Jayne said...

I've had that happen a number of times too. The ghosting effect is quite magical, isn't it. Hope your dove was just stunned and not injured.