Friday, June 24, 2011

Show the Motion

This month the Picture This Photo Contest at Gardening Gone Wild is Show the Motion. The idea is to capture the movement or action as blur instead of freezing it.

Here are a few of my favorite action shots. In most of these shots the movement is frozen. I'm not sure that any of them really show the full effect of slow shutter speed blur. I think probably the closest is the first picture of the blue jay. I think that is the one that I'll submit to the contest.

From Jun 24, 2011















Edited: I tried three times to submit my picture to the contest and I tried twice to just leave a commit on the GGW site. Nothing showed up. Oh, well....not sure what is happening with their site. They are obviously having issues.

10 comments:

JR said...

Your blog is interesting, has left a great impression.
Best wishes
Jonas

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love the bee at the liatris. V

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW!!! Each picture is a winner in my eyes.

Cloudia said...

wow is right!


all winners-



Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

< ° ) } } > <

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are such a good photographer Robin. I love that last shot. You even have the shadow.

ann said...

Totally awesome. For you, no doubt photography skill; for me dumb luck.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

That last photo is amazing, Robin!

Darla said...

You win!

Jayne said...

Stunning photos Robin! Every one a winner.

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I love the photo of the little girl and the hose! You really captured the joy!