Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Great Peonies

This is our lovely state flower, the peony. They couldn't have picked a more beautiful flower for the great state of Indiana. These things are absolutely gorgeous! They are huge! I cut this one today so I could enjoy this bloom inside. I hope the cat will stay away from it.

I have another bush in full bud, and I am looking forward to those lighter pink blooms. I moved one of my bushes because it was in the way of our patio wall, the buds on it shriveled so we won't get to enjoy those this year. Then there is that stubborn tree peony that has never bloomed. I think this fall I'll move it and maybe it will be happier in different location.

3 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Is it your state flower? What an excellent choice! I cut a few peonies for the vase too, a few days ago, and all my kitties leave them alone.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Yolanda, yes, the peony is the state flower of Indiana. My kitty left mine alone too, usually she plays with my cut flowers.

Anonymous said...

Peonies are another of those flowers we can't grow in Austin. Too bad! Yours are gorgeous.