Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Robin's Nesting Place has a baby robin...

Another peony bloom.
We desperately need rain.
This baby robin was in my Japanese maple this morning. The mom wasn't around so I was able to sneak up close and get a few shots.


Also, I just wanted to post and let you guys know that I will be away for a few days. I got a call today concerning my mom who has been in the hospital because she fell and broke her arm. She now has developed blood clots in her lungs and I must go to Alabama to be with her.

Here is another lesson learned, this one about procrastination, remember the saying "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today"? Well, I had procrastinated about planting some things, in my defense, I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to put them. I knew they would never make it if they weren't planted before I left, (may not make it anyway if we don't soon get rain). So, instead of packing I was planting and watering. It was good to be outside though, it always relaxes me to work in the yard, especially watering, and after getting that upsetting news this helped me to gather my thoughts. I had bought some Lily Turf on clearance and had almost two flats to plant. I had also made a few purchases at the Master Gardener plant sale on Saturday, (have a post to do on that later), I got those planted, I did some mulching. Hopefully everything will live while I'm gone. Things are really starting to bloom now. I saw two beautiful Irises in bloom today, I was waiting until evening to get a picture, but I was on the phone all evening with family members.
Rain is in the forecast this week I do hope we get it, otherwise my container plants will die.
Well, I best get that packing finished.

7 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I hope we get some rain, too, and that it goes well with your mom. Hopefully someone is watering your containers. Mine seem to need water every day now.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to your mom. Hope she gets well soon.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

How wonderful that there is a baby robin at your place!!!

I hope all goes well with your mom!

Annie in Austin said...

Have a safe trip, Robin, and good luck at being a ray of sunshine for your mom;)

Annie

Anonymous said...

I found you!!!! Yea!! Your pictures are gorgeous... your home always looks wonderful with all the beautiful flowers, etc. We need rain as well as you do... hope we both get it. Sure enjoyed seeing you today!! Have a safe trip back.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Thank you all for your get well wishes for my mom. Thankfully, she is home now and doing better.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Cyndi, I'm glad you found my blog! I enjoyed getting to visit with you too, thanks for coming to the hospital so I could see you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get with you on Saturday, I had so much to do. The kid's had fun, glad they got to spend time with T and E.