Friday, August 17, 2007

This Isn't So Ducky





My son and I rode out to the Morse Lake reservoir today. I had read in the news about the water levels being low, due to our lack of rain this summer. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I'm sure for those who live on the lake it is bothersome to have levels this low. I've been here many times when the water was up to the wall, completely covering the rocks.One evening, about two years ago, we came to Morse Lake. My children were sitting on the floating dock with their feet in the water, when saw something move in the water beside their feet, it was baby water moccasins, lots of babies. Two men were fishing and we saw them trying to kill one where they were. Honestly, there were little snakes all over the place. It was so creepy, like something out of my worst nightmare. In fact today was the first time we've been back since that happened. I don't like snakes at all.
Thankfully we didn't see any snakes today. It was so beautiful, very relaxing and peaceful. The breeze was blowing and it felt wonderful. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in one of these homes and garden with this kind of view.

I could have stayed a bit longer but fifteen year old boys get a little bored sitting and staring at the water.




No comments: