Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lots and Lots of Zucchini

I'm hesitant to even mention this in a post, because I feel funny about having a stat counter on my blog, and for some reason I have felt uncomfortable when other people have mentioned the stats on their blogs. This was just kind of humorous to me so I thought I'd share it. Hopefully it won't make anyone feel uncomfortable to know that I occasionally do check my stats, mainly out of curiosity to see what it is that draws people to my blog, by looking at the point of entry.

On July 12, I posted a recipe for zucchini bread, who would have thought that that one post would generate so many hits on my blog. It tells me one thing, it must have been a very good year for zucchini. A few days ago I checked my blog stats just out of curiosity, and I saw quite a few entry clicks for the zucchini bread, so I counted them; in just one day, 42 out of a hundred people that visited my blog did so for the zucchini bread recipe.

I've also gotten a lot of hits for the squash casserole and the restaurant style salsa. I guess there are a lot of people harvesting zucchini, squash and tomatoes now and looking for ways to use them. I hope they will try the recipes and enjoy them and whatever the reason for the visit, I'm so glad they came to Robin's Nesting Place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's perfectly natural to want to know what brings visitors to your blog. Looks like you've struck a chord with veggie lovers out there.