Friday, April 27, 2007

After the Rain

Johnny Jump-ups


The front porch flower bed.


I am partial to hosta and have always planted quite a few of these wherever I live.


The three coleus that I grew from seed are doing well outside, even with the cooler evening temperatures and all the rain. It should now be safe to begin hardening off the rest.


This is my favorite color of impatiens. I try to get a flat of these every year. Last year I planted them too early. Some were damaged by the cold, but when I went back to get more I couldn't find them. They obviously sell out quickly. I am waiting a few more days to plant these.

Lovely tulip.

Things waiting to be planted. Should be warming up in the next day or two and be in the 80's by Monday. Crazy weather.


Dianthus


Speedwell Veronica was recently planted to help attract hummingbirds and butterflies to my garden.



I love the tulips next to this white railing.

I am ready for the weather to clear so that I can finish my new bed on the side of the house. I have quite a few packets of seed, mostly zinnias and cosmos and am thinking of creating a cut flower bed. I have already spent quite a bit on containers, trees, shrubs and perennials and I think this would be a great place to use the seed I already have.

5 comments:

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Hey Robin,

Another Southern transplant here in Chicago. Your photos are beautiful. Love the front porch bed of flowers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn, It's Moosey again, from New Zealand. Great writing, great pictures. I can't reply to your mail, it won't accept my address! Oops! Happy gardening.

Carol Michel said...

You seem quite partial to the pink flowers! They are all so pretty...

Hang in there, the weather will start to 'level out' in a few weeks. May is the month to garden in Indiana!!

Kylee Baumle said...

Love your pink flowers, and pink is not my favorite color in the garden in most things! I may have to rethink that!

Love the Veronica picture. I want to get some for the garden this year.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Carolyn, thank you for vising my blog and for the complement.
---------
Moosey, I tried to send you an e-mail too and it came back to me for some reason. Anyway here is what I tried to send you.
Hi Moosey,
You are the queen of garden blogging and I am so honored that you have checked out my blog again and taken the time to leave me a comment. Thank you so much for your encouraging words.
------
Carol and Kylee, I do love pink flowers. For some reason I am always drawn to pink and purple, and I sometimes like a splash of white and yellow mixed in.

Thank you all for leaving such nice comments.