Sunday, April 8, 2007

Favorites from the Patio and Garden show...

Last month I went to the Patio and Garden Show with my mom and then a second time with a neighbor friend. I love going to this show at the end of winter; it is like going on a mini vacation to a warmer climate. It honestly helps me make it through the rest of winter. During the winter months I looked at hundreds of garden books and magazines to get ideas and inspiration for my gardens and the patio and garden show really gave me some great ideas too.


Hardscaping with stone must have been part of the theme this year. Every garden had beautiful fountains and/or gas/propane fire pits.




Almost all of the display gardens used container planting in the midst of the flower beds or at the edge. I read a book during the winter about using hardscaping in the landscape and the difference it makes visually. It really does add visual interest and height.


No comments: