Saturday, April 21, 2007

Petal Pushers

Dianthus
I couldn't resist this pink gerbera daisy. If you click to enlarge it looks like pink curled ribbon in the center.



This is a grass that blooms, I think it is called star grass.


I shopped at several garden centers today (still looking for that perfect container) and then worked in the yard until dark. I planted two Wine and Roses weigela, five hostas, several perennials. I also bought about six grasses and just a few annuals, I'm still afraid it might cool down, so I didn't get many annuals. I had my favorite color of impatiens in the cart, but took them out. Hopefully we are past the last frost date, but I'm still hesitant to buy tender annuals,(thanks to the advise of several friendly gardening bloggers).
I also planted flowers in my four front porch containers, moved several perennials to different locations, and did a bit of weeding. I'm so tired. I will have free time Monday, I hope to get lots more done.

3 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Patience will pay off. I'm not even looking for annuals right now, not until May! I love the gerber daisies. You'll have to tell us where you are shopping for these!

Carol Michel said...

I got your comment about cocoa hull mulch. You can get it at Indiana Mulch or Dammon's Garden Center, or Menards, probably other places, too. It's a bit pricey but I like it for perennial beds because over time it decomposes to enrich the soil. Not to mention it smells wonderful for the 1st few days.

I have an email address on my blog, if you ever have any questions specific to gardening in Indianpolis, feel free to send me an email.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Thank you, Carol. I bet it does smell wonderful.