Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bunnies, Beauties and RSS Feed Issues



Several people have mentioned to me that my RSS feeds are still not working for them. It seems, from what I can gather that my new post are not showing up for those who have Robin's Nesting Place on their sidebar. I've played around with Feedburner trying to correct this and I've deleted a program that my husband downloaded recently that isolated all Cookies and spyware thinking that maybe that was the culprit. I still have not figured out how to correct this issue.

I think the problems began when Blotanical had us do a special feed just for their site. I'm showing that I have two feeds on Feedburner, one is for Blotanical and the other is for Google reader and two other readers. I have no idea how to consolidate this or correct whatever is wrong. I'm not certain that this is even the problem.

I would be so grateful if anyone can help me correct this. I don't know if it would help if those who are having trouble with my RSS feed would delete the existig Robin's Nesting Place and then replace it with the new RSS feed. Also, I wonder if my post are showing up regularly for those who are Following Robin's Nesting Place on Blogger. All of this Feed stuff is way over my head and I'd love to correct whatever is wrong. I apologize for the inconvenience and I appreciate so much those who have continued to follow me in spite of these problems. I appreciate all of those who take the time to read my blog and I hate to lose any readers over this. Please HELP!!!




We are being overrun with rabbits here at Robin's Nesting Place, seems that they have been nesting nearby and are unfortunately enjoying the plant munchies here. There are the cutest baby bunnies that are starting to explore. Two of the larger rabbits were right beside our patio, under the swing. Our golden, Lilly, certainly checks things out closely when she is let outside.



I recently purchased my first Fuschia plant. I just couldn't resist, it was so beautiful! These were huge and looked healthier than any others that I had seen and they were only $9.99. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll see the hummingbirds enjoying this beauty!

15 comments:

F Cameron said...

Robin,

Your photos are great! I have that fuschia in a hanging basket, but a wren family built a nest in it! I was watering plants today and the wren flew out and I saw the nest in the middle. My fuschia may die since I won't bother the birds again.

Our red-tailed hawk (The Red Baron) got the baby bunny (Cinnamon Bunny) that was openly (her mistake) munching in our garden. It happened before our eyes! Nature isn't always pretty -- some crows harassed the hawk and he flew away and my husband buried the bunny.

Your Lilly is so pretty! She looks like a sweetheart.

Cameron
(jet-lagged since I got home at 1:00 am this morning)

Brenda Pruitt said...

That fuschia is gorgeous! I could hardly believe it was real. Sorry, I don't know piddly about feeds.
Brenda

NCmountainwoman said...

Gorgeous fuschia. And a bargain as well. I do love the vibrant color.

Sherri said...

Robin, the bunnies are cute! I love your fuschia plant! The hummingbirds should like it too!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you with your RSS feed problem, but I did have to comment and say what a lovely blog you have. Oh how I enjoyed looking at your flowers and your header with all the birds and such.

I use to be able to grow fuchias when we lived in Calif. Good luck with yours. I'll stay tuned to see how it does.

Hope you'll stop by and say hi sometime.

Donna

Jill-O said...

The fuschia looks like a ballerina in her tulle costume. I was thinking of getting one this year. I don't think I'll find one at such a good price, though. Wish I could help you out with the RSS problems but they are a mystery to me.

tina said...

Hi Robin, I use the default feed for both Blotanical and anything else out there. It has never failed me. Maybe you could go back to default? I had to after the first Feedburner thing last fall.

Gail said...

Dear Robin, The fuschia is knock your socks off gorgeous! Whenever I run into these issues i ask Stuart (blotanical) for help! It may be that you have to stop one of the feeds, but i am not sure which! Just to let you know I use a Firefox bookmark program and have no trouble with your feeds. gail

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oh my goodness! The brilliance of the fuschia just knocks me out!!!! I didn't know there was a "ruffly" variety.

Cindy

cherry said...

Good morning Miss Robin,

I deleted and reentered and it still shows your post from a month ago on my sidebar and my Blogger reading list. Sorry wish I could help but heck I look to you to help me ..lol
hugs, Cherry

Kathleen said...

Hi Robin. You won't lose me as a reader! I'll always come back, I love your blog and especially your photos. I hope someone can help you with the feed issue.

We have a lot of bunnies in our neighborhood too. Usually a pair nest in my evergreen hedge every year but I haven't seen any babies yet. Maybe a bit early for here?

Your fuschia collage is breath-taking. I hope the hummingbirds find it soon. I bought a large light pink/white fuschia (from Home Depot) and planted it in a moss cone. It's hanging from a hook in my oak tree at the moment. I'm hoping for the same results as you!

Unknown said...

Feeds? Fuschia I know little about, I have killed one a few years ago and now have another for this year, so far so good. It makes me nervous though. LOL

Jesikarena said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I want a fuschia SO BAD!
Yours is beautiful!

Regina said...

Robin -
love that fuschia, too.
As for bunnies - I've been at war with a pair in my yard. I think I've got them moved out, but there is a young one stalking my goodies.
I used Liquid Fence, which has an extremely offensive odor, but it seems to settle down once dry. It seemed work quite well. I just need to make sure I reapply after heavy rain. All my crocuses were chewed off and many of my tulips had ragged leaves before I learned about Liquid Fence.
If you know of anything that is effective, but not as putrid, please let us know. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a fuchsia plant, and that one is absolutely stunning. I can't imagine anything so delicate being able to handle the heat here, so I'll have to enjoy yours vicariously. What a beauty.