Sunday, May 31, 2009

Out on the Town

My husband and I spent some fun time together yesterday. Well, at least it was fun for me; he isn't much of a shopper but he indulged me. Our children had plans for the day so we left out early and visited two farmer's markets. We had to make a trip to the nursing home, which was the only downer for the day, but we needed to try and feed Nell and check on her. We then had lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The real treat though was going through some of the shops in our downtown area. Noblesville has some of the sweetest little shops.

One of my favorites is the Logan Village Mall. It is a store that rents space to vendors and you just never know what you'll find there. This particular vendor was called The Salvaged Garden.
I thought these bird baths were quite unique. As windy as it is here, I can't imagine that it would last very long in my back yard. Maybe if I had a deck where it would be a little more protected.

On Friday I was with a friend and we happened to pass this house. I couldn't believe the massive window boxes they had on every window! Seriously, every single window on the front of this large two story home had the same kind of arrangement.

I believe this person just might be a little compulsive with flower arranging.


This is one of my favorite homes in the downtown Noblesville area. The owners have done a beautiful job with not only the house but the landscaping as well.

Here is a picture of one of their poppies.

It has been a great weekend even though I was disappointed that I couldn't join the other garden bloggers in Chicago. Maybe next time.

9 comments:

Sherri said...

Robin, I'm glad you and your husband got to have a good day out for a change! Sorry your MIL isn't doing well. Continued prayers!

Jan said...

Hmm, they look like dried flower arrangements in the window boxes; my opinion is that there is too much repetion going on there;-( Oh well, to each his/her own!

NCmountainwoman said...

I love going through those malls. So many fascinating things to see.

joey said...

Sounds like a delightful day, Robin. Many thoughts were with SP in Chicago ... will be fun to catch up.

Melody said...

I had one of those fun days on Memorial Day Monday. My husband and I drove to a large town about an hour and a half away and we visited two nurseries, a sports store and enjoyed a dinner out. He even bought me a Japanese maple and a corkscrew willow for my my birthday/aniversary:)

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

A little compulsive?? Man- over the top.

Gail said...

Robin, We wished you were in Chicago with us! You would have loved the gardens...on the other hand, getting your dear husband to shop with you is a treat, too!

Thanks for the tour...I like your favorite house, too. gail

Kathleen said...

I LOVE your fave house Robin! I would pick it too without even seeing the others! It looks like it has great character. I didn't get to go to Chicago either. :-(
At least you had a fun day tho. I wouldn't mind browsing around in some of those shops either...

Unknown said...

Wow, great finds. I love the idea of all the different piece making the bird baths. I need to think like that when I yardsale! The older home is beautiful and the window boxes are pretty. I love the overstuffed look, but I cannot imagine how much $$$ it would take to do it all. I only do 2 boxes and did boston ferns this year. They do great and fill in quick. I am trying to go all from seed or perennials next year. I hate to waste my garden budget on things that will not come back. Great post!